By Joseph Bettey
Issue 24, Winter 2012 pp 10-13
“The scramble among the aristocracy, gentry and merchants to obtain and keep some of the stream of former monastic property which became available after the dissolution of 1536-40 led to numerous legal disputes. They have left a rich store of evidence concerning the monastic estates and the purposes for which they were used”.
Only Associate Members of the Regional History Centre can access full articles.
Login Here | Not a member? Join Now
Please log in to access the article