By Anthony Nott
Issue 12, Spring 2004 pp 15-17
The Oldbury Court Park and housing estate is situated about 3.5 miles from the centre of the city of Bristol. It has a recorded history dating back to 1086 and the core of the original Domesday land holding has remained remarkably clear of development for over 900 years. Its proximity to Bristol has inevitably meant that throughout its long history it has been intimately connected with the economic and social development of Bristol’. Anthony Nott looks at the events that shaped the history of this place.
Only Associate Members of the Regional History Centre can access full articles.