By Trevor Pearce
Issue 11, Spring 2004 pp 8-10
After the original Bristol Guildhall, which played host to the Law Courts, was pulled down by Bristol Town Council in 1841, Trevor Pearce considers the style, setting and decoration of the new building designed by City Surveyor R. S. Pope in a historical context. In addition, Pearce considers the aspects of the building in terms of being an expression of Bristolian identity.
Only Associate Members of the Regional History Centre can access full articles.
Login Here | Not a member? Join Now
Please log in to access the article