By Joyce Moss
Issue 26, Winter-Spring 2013 pp 16-20
Part 1 of 2 – Joyce Moss looks at the evolution of private housing around Bristol Cathedral, sparked by the exclusion of the Nave from c. 1750 Delftware plaque depicting the building. Moss explores the evolution of the building, as well as how it was used as a source of income for the Dean and Chapter. How was it used? Who was it leased to? The answers to these questions provide an insight into the early use of private housing in Bristol.
Only Associate Members of the Regional History Centre can access full articles.